Tips for emotionally preparing your husband for your family session
For some of us, preparing our husbands for the family photo session is as exhausting as preparing the kids. If your husband is happy-go-lucky about photo day, that’s excellent. If you’re dealing with someone reluctant, however, then here are some things you can do to help:
- Especially if this is your first session with the family now that the kids are mobile, let him know how the session will discuss your expectations. Also, if you have to bribe the kids, communicate this with him to help remind them of the bribery.
- Warn him that the kids will probably be crazy or freak out and that he should prepare himself for that. Let him know that it will still be fine and to try not to get overwhelmed or worried.
- Let him know that the more helpful he is in getting himself and the kids ready, the less stressed you will be and the less chance of an argument between you arising.Remind him that the session is only one to two hours, and then it will all be over. This way, he sees the light at the end of the tunnel and can stick it out.
- If your husband is difficult, bribe him to cooperate during the session as well. If it works for the kiddos, it may very well work for him!
- And most importantly – remind him that you love him (and that he loves you, and that’s why he’s cooperating with this). Tell him how much you appreciate his support and cooperation in this and how pleased you will be with the finished photos.